In order to run fast, you’ve got to run fast!
- 400 meter run (~.25 miles if not on a track) at an 8-9/10 perceived effort
- Rest 2-3 minutes. You can walk, jog or stand still (only if you need to).
- Repeat for 6 to 8 rounds, depending on desired difficulty of workout.
*Remember: higher speed tends to come with a greater risk of injury. Put lots of value into your warm-up and hang onto that proper run form, start to finish!
Here are some fun warm-up ideas.
What better way to build speed than with power and explosiveness?
- For distance: 10 long jumps to or past a target on the ground
- For height: 10 high jumps up to or past a target on the wall
- For height & distance: 10 box jump overs
- Repeat everything for 3-4 rounds, resting as needed.
- Land as softly as you can. An engaged core will help.
- Keep knees behind toes on all take-offs and landings.
- Use your arms and hips to generate max power!
- If a hard box is too daunting, use something softer or lower as your object to jump over.
Time to re-test that plank hold!
Hold your best plank for as long as you can. Record (and share) your time.
Challenge yourself to a few attempts this week. Remember to try it at different times: once before a workout, once after, once on a rest day, etc.
Remember: Post your results, comments, and questions in our private Facebook Group…just for you!