Easy-peazy, this week. Well not easy, but simple.
One 30-minute run @ 5-6/10 perceived effort.
Every 5 minutes: perform one 30-second stride.
A “stride” is a gradual build to top-end speed, using an exaggerated run stride. You should hit your 9/10 perceived effort in the last 5-10 seconds.
Your goal is to keep up your jog between strides, controlling your speed and breathing to create seamless transitions through the 30 minutes. No walk breaks if you can help it!
Your endurance will thank you for this one.
Tabata is the name of the game, this week!
Perform one movement at a time, for 4 rounds of 20 seconds work, 10 seconds rest.
- 4 x 20 on/10 off Sumo squats
- 4 x 20 on/10 off alternating reverse lunges
- 4 x 20 on/10 off *V-ups
*Modification for the V-up is a tuck-up.
Don’t forget to cool down/stretch after this one!
We’re bored of the regular old plank hold. Let’s do something new.
- Hold a standard straight arm plank for 30 seconds.
- Turn 90 degrees to hold a left arm side plank for 30 seconds.
- Turn back to hold a standard straight arm plank for 30 seconds.
- Turn 90 degrees the other direction to hold a right arm side plank for 30 seconds.
We challenge you to keep your hips high and in line with the shoulders & wrists for the entire 2 minutes. Don’t break during transitions!
Make this harder:
During each 30-second hold, include 5 leg lifts (10 alternating in standard plank or 5 with top leg in side plank).
Remember: Post your results, comments, and questions in our private Facebook Group…just for you!