We’re putting extra focus into our warm up this week! These drills will be key in ensuring good form for your run.
- 30 seconds of quick feet into high knees
- 30 seconds of butt kicks
- 30 seconds of high skips
- 30 seconds of carioca in one direction
- 30 seconds of carioca in the other direction
- Repeat the above for 3 rounds, resting as needed.
A 20-30 minute run at a 6/10 perceived effort, focusing strictly on form. Have fun!
You’ve got a 16-minute EMOM (every minute on the minute). 4 movements and 4 chances to practice!
Set a 16-minute clock. At the top of each minute you will complete the reps for one movement. After completing the reps for that movement, any remaining seconds in the minute are your rest. At the top of the next minute you’ll go on to complete the reps for the next movement.
- @ clock start: Complete 10 push-ups to single arm plank.
- @ 60 seconds: Complete 10 happy stars.
- @ 2 minutes: Complete 20 banded squats.
- @ 3 minutes: Complete 30 quick steps (15 each leg).
- Continue like this until 16 minutes/4 rounds is up.
You should have at least 20 seconds of rest within each minute. If you don’t, cut the reps down. If you are getting over 30 seconds of rest, add a few reps to make it more challenging.
It’s been a month. Let’s re-test that plank hold!
Following the usual cues for good form, time your max straight- arm plank hold a few different times this week. Try it one day before a workout, one day at the end of a workout and once on a rest day to see your best results. Post your best time here on the community site or in the WRT facebook group! Bonus points for photo or video 🙂