Week 2 | BRP Day 12
This workout is quick! We’re stepping up the pace from last week’s interval workout, so get ready to feel the wind in your hair as you zoom around the track. Focus on breathing, proper posture, and keeping your hips forward. Try counting how many steps you take while breathing in and breathing out, and try to gauge that with the effort you put out for each interval.
Start with a brisk walk followed by:
• Arm circles, starting small and progressing to 10-15 larger ones
• Arm hugs, 10-15. Feel the stretch in your back and your chest opening.
• Inchworm, 5 times. Go for a push-up when in plank position if you’re feeling strong!
Try some dynamic hip stretches too:
• Post up and balance on your right leg.
• Stay tall with belly and butt tight.
• Swing leg back and forth using hamstring and butt to kick heel back and forth without extending the knee or arching the back.
• Kick higher to feel the stretch 10-20 times.
•Swing leg back into a lunge and put both hands on the ground.
• Drop hip and elbow to the ground sinking lower to get deep into the hip, groin, and butt.
• Rotate your hips in a circle to hit different places in the hip and surrounding muscles, 5-10 times.
Duration: 17-22+ min
Location: Local track, around the block, on a treadmill
Focus: Remember what you learned on drill days. Keep that tall posture as you get tired on those fast sets. Hips forward! Proper arm swing!
Now that you’re warm, let’s get to the workout!
For the intervals, you’re going to run 30 seconds, walk 30 seconds, and then repeat this 6 more times for a total of 7. Walk for 2-3 minutes to recover before doing the 7 run/walk intervals one more time!
2 x (7 x 0:30 run/ 0:30 walk)
Rest 2-3 min between each set
***The goal is for you to sustain the fastest pace possible for each of the 7 rounds of 0:30 running (ie. try not to fall apart by the last couple!)***