Week 1 | BRP Day5
Let’s face it: life is filled with discomforts. Waking up to that alarm, dealing with that stubborn co-worker, doing laundry, etc. But here at TRE, we like to stay positive! Often times overcoming these discomforts can be very rewarding, right?
This workout will help you find the rewarding side of running! Interval running is short bursts of higher intensity running. It should be tough, but running fast can be fun, and it will bring you one step closer to really enjoying your run experience!
Duration: 5 min
Start with a brisk walk followed by:
Try some dynamic hip stretches too:
• Post up and balance on your right leg.
• Stay tall with belly and butt tight.
• Swing leg back and forth using hamstring and butt to kick heel back and forth without extending the knee or arching the back.
• Kick higher to feel the stretch 10-20 times.
•Swing leg back into a lunge and put both hands on the ground.
• Drop hip and elbow to the ground sinking lower to get deep into the hip, groin, and butt.
• Rotate your hips in a circle to hit different places in the hip and surrounding muscles, 5-10 times.
Duration: 20-35+ min
Location: Local track would be great for this one
Remember what you learned on drill day and try to keep that tall posture as you get tired on those fast sets. Hips forward!
For the intervals, you’re going to run 30 seconds, walk 30 seconds, and then repeat this 4 more times for a total of 5. Walk for 2-3 minutes to recover before doing the 5 run/walk intervals one more time!
2 x (5 x 0:30 run / 0:30 walk)
2-3 minutes walking rest between sets
Goal: Stay smooth. Stay consistent.
3-5 minute walk/jog