Week 3 | BRP Day19
You’re over half way though the challenge and the finish line is near! Today, think fast and relaxed! You already have some experience with interval training so use this familiarity to stay focused on all the technique you’ve learned in the past few weeks. Tall posture, hips forward, consistent stride etc. You know the drill!
2 intervals, 7 times
Duration: 20-25+ min
Location: Local Track, Around the block, on a treadmill
Remember to keep your shoulders relaxed for easier breathing and a more relaxed stride overall.
Start with a brisk walk
Arm circles starting small and progressing to 10-15 larger ones
Arm hugs, 10-15. Feel the stretch in your back and your chest opening.
“Inchworm”, 5 times. Go for a push-up when in plank position if you’re feeling strong!
Try some dynamic hip stretches too:
Leg swing: post up and balance on right leg.
• Stay tall with belly and butt tight.
• Swing leg back and forth using hamstring and but to kick heel back and forth without extending the knee or arching the back.
• Kick higher to feel the stretch 10-20 times.
Hip Circles: Swing leg back into lunge and put both hands on the ground.
• Drop hip and elbow to the ground sinking lower to get deep into the hip, groin and butt.
• Rotate your hips in a circle to hit different places in the hip and surrounding muscles 5-10 times.
2 x (7 x 0:40 run, 0:20 walk)
Rest 2-3 min between sets.
• Goal: Run hard for 0:40 consistently! You won’t get as good of a workout if you go too hard in the first couple reps and can barely run for the remaining.
Jog/walk 5 minutes