Week 4 | BRP Day26
Last interval day of the challenge! Cue that big sigh of relief, right? You really have accomplished a lot. You should be proud of yourself. It’s no easy task, sticking to the program and pushing forward. Keep that perseverance going with todays interval workout. You will get tired in the longer intervals but try and stay strong, with good technique in mind. Try to stay consistant with each interval! You got this.
Workout: 8 intervals, 2 times.
Duration: 23-28+ min
Location: Local Track, Around the block, on a treadmill
Focus: Remember to keep your shoulders relaxed for easier breathing and a more relaxed stride overall.
Start with a brisk walk
Arm circles starting small and progressing to 10-15 larger ones
Arm hugs, 10-15. Feel the stretch in your back and your chest opening.
“Inchworm”, 5 times. Go for a push-up when in plank position if you’re feeling strong!
Try some dynamic hip stretches too:
Leg swing: post up and balance on right leg.
• Stay tall with belly and butt tight.
• Swing leg back and forth using hamstring and but to kick heel back and forth without extending the knee or arching the back.
• Kick higher to feel the stretch 10-20 times.
Hip Circles: Swing leg back into lunge and put both hands on the ground.
• Drop hip and elbow to the ground sinking lower to get deep into the hip, groin and butt.
• Rotate your hips in a circle to hit different places in the hip and surrounding muscles 5-10 times.
2 x (8 x 0:40 run, 0:20)
2-3 min walking rest between sets.
Look familiar? It is the same interval we did last week, but one more rep! See if you can hold the same pace for a little more time! Or even better, see if you can go faster ????
Jog/walk 5 minutes